The Clinical Director is responsible for overseeing and directing the patient care operations of the home care facility. This includes: coordinating and completing assigned projects to effectively support the immediate and long range objectives of the company; oversight of the eligibility of patients referred to home care services, planning for the services to be provided to patients and supervising their total home health care; implementing and maintaining administrative practices, agency philosophy, goals, and policies which assure compliance with applicable state and federal regulations; enhancing the profitability of the agency; and providing motivation and retention of a qualified staff and assure the quality of services delivered. This position also acts as a liaison with management staff and other departments throughout the company.
LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Oversees all patient care services and personnel at the agency to include coordinating referrals and patient care, assuring that patient needs are continually assessed, and assuring the development, implementation, and updates of the patient's individualized plan of care.
- Supervises the maintenance and accuracy of patient care and employee records.
- Performs staff conferences as needed and mandatory in-services, including but not limited to monthly staff/safety meeting.
- Partners with other team members to ensure agency meets budgeted goals including but not limited to growth, quality, and finances.
- Implements and supervises all patient care activities to ensure the delivery of safe, economical, and efficient patient care, which adheres to relevant standards of accepted nursing and medical practice, to include federal and state regulations, and Joint Commission standards, as well as to ensure compliance with payer source criteria.
- Provides and / or ensures patient care according to the plan of care as ordered by the physician.
- Assists in policy review and revisions as requested to establish and support the highest possible quality of patient care, cost controls, quality assurance, and staff performance. Ensures that established policies are enforced.
- Provides and oversees orientation for personnel.
- Provides timely performance evaluation of personnel.
- Assures regularly scheduled continuing education for personnel and supervises compliance of staff with online learning management courses.
- Provides supervision to direct reports on an on-going basis to ensure compliance.
- Assists with staff recruitment to ensure that adequate staffing is maintained. Operates within the staffing model.
- Serves as a member of the Management Team and QAPI Team according to required timeframes and participates in annual strategic agency planning.
- Acts as a liaison between staff, patients, the medical community, and upper management to ensure information is shared appropriately among the LHC team.
- Conducts at least monthly meetings with the medical director. Approves medical director invoices and submits on a monthly basis to the Home Office with appropriate supporting documentation for timely payment.
- Ensures that only qualified personnel are hired. Verifies licensure, certification, and credentialing as required by law and policy prior to employment and annually thereafter. On an on-going basis, ensures maintenance of records to supportcompetency of all personnel.
- Participates in the QAPI plans and processes. Ensures follow up on any required action plans.
- Adheres to and supports the Episode Management Model within the provider via Episode Management supervision.
- Reviews weekly Operations Spreadsheet, weekly Metrics Report, weekly Productivity Report, and agency financial statements to ensure the organization is on target with budgeted goals. Follows up, addresses issues, and implements action plans as appropriate to meet goals.
- Assures compliance with and ensures timely follow up on daily external vendor clinical edits, outcome support, and coding edits.
- Oversees weekly reports, including claims alert, late EMS, unverified services, and orders audit, to ensure timely and accurate billing and payroll.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Current RN licensure in state of practice.