This position provides expertise and leadership to insure effective resource management forpatient care delivery (COP482.30). Case Managers enhance the continuity of care and cost effectiveness by integrating the functions of case management, resource management, clinical documentation management, and discharge planning (COP482.43). Daily and concurrently involved in the management of inpatient and observation patients by comprehensive assessment, planning, interventions, and evaluations of appropriate level of care. Collaborates with other members of the health care team to ensure the above according to the mission of CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health Care
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing required. BSN preferred.
- Proficient word processing skills in a Windows environment required.
- Ability to analyze and create reports and presentations via software applications.
- Familiarity with MIDAS and Meditech systems preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)preferred.
- A minimum of 5years in clinical practice for population to be served is required.
- Case Management/Resource Management and discharge planning experiencepreferred.
- Milliman (MCG) Guideline and Interqual criteria experience highly preferred.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Currently licensed as RN in the State of Texas required
- CPR optional
- Certification in Case Management preferred