The RN ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF NURSING assists the Director of Nursing (DON) in planning, organizing, developing, and directing the overall operation of the Nursing Services department to ensure the highest degree of quality patient care in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- Must have an ASN or BSN from accredited college or university
- Must be currently licensed/registered in applicable State. Must maintain an active Registered Nurse (RN) license in good standing throughout employment.
- Two (2) years' geriatric nursing experiencepreferred, preferably in post-acute care
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
Specific Job Requirements
- Maintains a liaison with patients, families, support departments, etc. to adequately plan for patient needs
- Must have expert knowledge in field of practice
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post-acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: nursing care,, supervisory responsibilities,, infection control, patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care's Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Must be able to assist the DON in planning, developing, implementing, evaluating and directing the Nursing Services department
- Must be able to interview, select, hire, train, evaluate, and supervise nursing staff
- Must be able to assist with overseeing care provided by nursing staff
- Must be able to oversee infection control responsibilities
- Must be able to assume the duties of the DON in his or her absence
- Must be able to provide direct nursing care as necessary
- Must be able to perform functions of a staff nurse as required
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language