Job Description :
This Enterprise Business Services (EBS) Manager position will be a part of the Business Area (BA) End User Services (EUS) organization. Successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of IT technical resources responsible for delivering front-line desktop end user support.
This position will serve as the MFC Desktop Mgr and will be responsible for the daily operations, service delivery and management of desktop staff supporting the MFC BA. This position will also will also have oversight over the Southeastern Region regarding overall desktop service delivery.
This position will be located in Orlando, FL. This is not a telecommuting position. Periodic travel is required.
The principle duties and responsibilities will include the following:
• Lead team (including LM and contractor resources) in delivery of desktop services including (but not limited to): break-fix, tech refresh, system upgrades, in-field asset management, mobility services, desktop engineering and executive support
• Own and accelerate adoption of efficiencies and optimization within their area of responsibility
• Accountability for day-to-day operational schedules and performance. Performance monitoring and tracking (analytics)
• Manage risks and opportunities to ensure technical, schedule and cost impacts are minimized
• Functional management of all LM resources including hiring, performance management, merit, promotions, awards, work force planning, skill development, mentoring and disciplinary actions
• Collaborate effectively within and across organizational and geographic boundaries
• Identify areas requiring process improvements, capture and disseminate lessons learned and good business practices
• Demonstrate and embrace Full Spectrum Leadership behaviors while providing effective leadership
• Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated technical leadership experience. High level of technical acumen with a wide variety of operating systems, tools and technologies illustrated through previous work experience
- Excellent business acumen, interpersonal and teaming skills
- Experience leading and/or executing change or innovation
- Proven ability to identify, build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels of the enterprise
- Ability to apply planning and problem solving techniques
- Experiencetroubleshooting and performing Root Cause Analysis for complex service/system issues
- Proven time management and organizational skills with attention to detail in all situations
- Experience managing contractor labor and interfacing with 3rd Party Service Providers.
- Ability to work with functional organizations to understand engineering and production environments and requirements.
- Ability to manage incidents using ServiceCentral or comparable tool.
- Ability to define and report on organizational metrics.
- Ability to effective and efficiently manage technical staffing requirements—open service requests in GRID, managing requisitions in Brass Ring, interviewing and hiring.
- Ability to obtain appropriate DoD Security Clearance
- Experience working in/with the MFC Line of Business
- Experience working in a virtual environment / with a geographically dispersed team
- Full Spectrum Leadership skills
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries
- Proven ability to train, lead and support successful technical teams
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Operating system experience at an application level
- Professional level desktop services experience
- Familiarity with device back-up processes and tools