The Google Technical Services Business and Outsourcing Strategy and Services team develops practical and innovative ways to address some of the most complex business challenges to keep Google thriving. We anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of our key clients, and understand how our range of product and service offerings can enable their business success. We also lead the global vendor strategy across all organizations, manage business risks, ensure we have great contracts and deliver amazing client experiences for Google’s top customers and partners. Using influencing and relationship-building skills, we provide Google-caliber client service, legal guidance, research, and market analysis.
Google Technical Services is a global support and operations team, with a mission to delight our customers with care so good, it’s got to be Google. Our team is the face of Google to most of our customers, and we want their Google supportexperience to set new standards, just like Google’s products do. Our team cares for customers by solving problems and scaling solutions, incubating new Google products, and sharing user feedback with internal teams to influence product development. We support a wide variety of products, from Ads to Project Fi and just about everything in between, and our customers include advertisers, consumers, partners, publishers, retailers, and our own Sales Googlers.
- Work closely with Support Experts, Partner Technology, Managers, Vendor Managers, and cross-functional stakeholders to identify, develop, and optimize strategies to ensure the tools and data used by vendors is securely and appropriately handled, accessed and managed.
- Develop solutions to complex IT Risk problems to reduce IT risks in partnership with vertical and horizontal stakeholders.
- Conduct risk assessments to identify and track IT risks and work with stakeholders to mitigate risks.
- Build relationships with various cross-functional teams across Google such as engineering and product management and partner with Security.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Security, Privacy, IT Risk/Compliance frameworks and regulations (e.g., various NIST frameworks/guidance/standards, ISO 27000 series, GDPR).
- Experience in leading projects or programs from end-to-end.
- Experience working with vendor/third party operations/risk management.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment, and developing solutions to problems with unclear guidelines.
- Basic understanding/knowledge of cybersecurity concepts (e.g., access management).
- Effective written/verbal communication skills with the ability to manage and influence senior stakeholders.
- Ability to travel.