MORE ABOUT THIS JOB WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group is a bank holding company and a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Goldman Sachs provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Salt Lake City, Dallas and other major financial centers around the world.
We are committed to growing our distinctive Culture and upholding our core values which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasise integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork.BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
Credit Review complements the Firm�s independent risk-management infrastructure through the independent review and ongoing monitoring of the quality of the loan and derivative portfolio. Credit Review also validates and tests Credit Risk�s ratings, processes and methodologies. The group reports to the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) and its function is independent of Credit Risk�s processes.RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of Credit Review, you will be part of a dynamic team responsible for independently assessing credit quality and improve the effectiveness of Credit Risk. Credit Review conducts independent reviews and reports its results and assessment to management. As part of its reviews, Credit Review assesses adherence with internal policies and procedures as well as compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements.Key responsibilities include:
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Support and challenge management in the process of analyzing credit risk management
- Perform individual analysis of credit portfolio
- Execute reviews to independently assess the credit and financial strength of the firm�s risk parties to determine if internal ratings and levels of credit exposure are acceptable
- Perform continuous monitoring of credit portfolios and document findings which will be communicated to management
- Prepare work papers, document evaluations, review results and conclusions
- Monitor adherence to documentation, limits and risk mitigants including loan and derivative covenant review
- Ensure that reviews are performed in accordance with procedures and that the quality of reviews is maintained
- Analyze findings and formulate conclusions and advice
- Bachelor�s and/or Master�s degree with about 15 years of work experience in credit underwriting, lending or review with specific sector experience. Sectors include commercial real estate, energy, financial institutions, technology/media/telecom
- Knowledge in credit analysis, ratings analysis, corporate finance and/or research
- Experience with internal audit or credit/loan risk review process preferred. Formal credit training a plus
- Knowledge of bank regulations as it relates to risk management
- Functional background or relevant experience in finance and accounting
- Knowledge of lending products, as well as capital markets/traded products
- Understanding of credit/loan documentation
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently
- Highly motivated with strong academic background
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work independently within a team structure
- Flexibility, ability to learn quickly
- Functional Expertise - Keeps up-to-date with emerging business, economic, and market trends
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills
- Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
- Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
- Teamwork � Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
- Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
- Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
- Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations
Goldman Sachs is a meritocracy where you will be given all the tools to help you develop. At Goldman Sachs, you will have access to excellent training programmes designed to improve multiple facets of your skills portfolio. Our in-house training programme, �Goldman Sachs University� offers a comprehensive series of courses that you will have access to as your career progresses. Goldman Sachs University has an impressive catalogue of courses which span technical, business and leadership skills training.
In order to help you navigate the organisation, you will be given a mentor from outside of your immediate department. This person will be positioned to provide you with objective advice and guidance on your career development.
We value internal mobility. The chance to take on new challenges in the firm over time will ensure that you remain stimulated and will help in your continued professional and personal development.ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
� The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.