Providence is calling a Risk/Patient Safety Specialist to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska. This is a full time position.
We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Perform risk analysis in order to maintain protection of organization's assets.
- Investigate any incidences that may result in asset loss and compile findings in reports for further review, along with actual or potential injury to patients and visitors, collecting information necessary to prepare for defense of claim.
- Provide investigative support (medical record and relevant document review, identification of witnesses and involved parties, interviews of caregivers and vendors, research of related standards of care) for potential or actual events, privacy breaches, professional and general liability claims, and regulatory or accreditation agency related reviews of occurrences or deficiencies.
- Provide investigative and other support for Root Cause and Intense Analyses Ensures Stakeholders are kept apprised of status of investigations and discovery requests.
- Create and manage reports from the UOR system, collaborate with leaders to ensure thorough investigating and corrective action Performs case finding per Interdisciplinary/Departmental Specific, Medical Staff Indicators for peer review in collaboration with the quality department.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Clinical Discipline or health care related field
- Membership in the American Society for Healthcare Risk Management (ASHRM)
- CPHRM required within 2 years of hire
- 5 years healthcare related experience in a responsible position requiring contact with various departments (2 of the 5 years required must be clinical patient facing experience)
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Excel and Outlook
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Alaska
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Related Risk experience.