Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership.
Credit Risk Management is looking to hire an Vice President working on various limit projects and reporting. In addition, the VP will help support covering some corporate lending and derivative transactions.
- Supports the risk origination lead and regional risk management teams in the production of global committee materials, including periodic reporting and transaction related documents
- Communicates with risk managers and front office members to develop commentary on key trends in both Nomuras business and broader markets, including identification, monitoring, and reporting, on key themes, trends and specific events for each transaction
- Supports development and effective execution of certain new and existing risk governance initiatives, including escalation thresholds, limit frameworks, and quantitative risk metrics
- Perform due diligence on newly originated leveraged finance transactions in broad industries, working closely with Investment Banking (financial sponsor and industry coverage, leveraged finance structuring and syndication).
- Perform financial statement analysis for assigned corporate borrowers. Analyze an array of financial metrics to assess the value of a business, determine debt capacity and understand the financial risks associated with the capital structure.
- Manage a portfolio of corporate counterparties including and ensuring timely completion of semi and annual credit reviews and global/regional portfolio reviews.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- At least 6+ years of relevant project management experience
- Basic knowledge of a range of loan products
- Advising and/or assisting teams in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment with the ability to prioritize and complete tasks according to project needs;
- Advising or assisting multi-disciplinary teams across complex engagements with multiple work streams and stakeholders
- Leveraging effective business writing and verbal skills, including leveraging negotiation and consensus-building to achieve results;
- Demonstrating business and project management acumen, executive presence and professionalism