JOB SUMMARY: Contributes to the Hospital's mission by being responsible for the development, implementation, and day to day maintenance of the hospital's Risk Management and Patient Safety activities. . As a member of the Hospital's leadership team provides day-to-day supervision to guide staff, both directly and through Performance Improvement initiatives throughout the hospital, toward achieving the Hospital's success factor goals and their associated initiatives. This licensed leadership position will have an impact on protecting the hospital's assets and interests while continually working to improve patient safety.
Required: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- · 5-year Requirement: Master's Degree in Nursing or relevant field (e.g. MPH)
- · Master's Degree in Nursing or a relevant field upon hire
- · Juris Doctorate Degree
- · At least three (3) years of progressively more responsible experience in healthcare Risk Management and/or patient safety
- · And at least 2 years of Registered Nurse patient care experience.
- · Experience with leading Performance Improvement teams and initiatives.
- · At least one year of supervisory experience
- · At least five years of hospital-based nursing experience
- · Budget management experience.
- · Knowledge of Performance Improvement methodologies, preferably LEAN
- · Experience with Root Cause Analysis, Failure Modes Effects Analysis
- · Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- · For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors and fellow members of the hospital team.
- · Familiarity with Epic
- · Presentation skills
- · LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS:
Required: Current license to practice professional nursing from MA Board of Registration
Preferred:Lean Six Sigma, Project Management or equivalent certification preferred