The incumbent will lead the analysis, interpretation, reporting and presentation of information related to the Bank’s commercial real estate lending activities. Specifically, the incumbent will:
- · Work with technology and database development teams to optimize data aggregation in ways that simplify downstream reporting activities and make them more efficient.
- · Maintain and streamline reporting processes while creating efficiencies using SAS/SQL programming. Effectively use programming skills (SAS/SQL) to effectively create and maintain monthly/quarterly risk reports. Prepare presentations for senior management.
- · Access other reporting, data or productions systems to research and analyze root causes of identified risk trends, and validate data integrity. May perform quality assurance on data to evaluate compliance with policy, and ensure reporting databases and systems are functioning as intended.
- · Develop and recommend strategies/actions to mitigate potential risks. Recommend actions and/or mitigation strategies to business line and senior risk management to address emerging risk trends.
- · Project management. Manage multiple and moderately complex projects and analyses, and ensure deadlines are met. Work with risk management colleagues to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily and on time. Participates in cross-functional projects, working with infrastructure teams, business line peers while supporting risk managers with more complex data needs.
In addition to reporting and analysis skills, incumbent has an intermediate to advanced understanding of applicable laws, regulations, financial services, and regulatory trends that impact commercial real estate lending activities. The individual in this role has, or will be required to quickly develop an advanced understanding of the business line’s operations, products/services, systems and associated risks/controls, and may have responsibility for training junior or new staff. Typically interacts directly with department managers, requiring an advanced level of presentation and relationship skills. This position may also have occasional exposure to regulatory agencies. Incumbent has a bachelor’s degree, applicable professional certifications and five to seven years applicable experience.
- · Strong interest in, and passion for data manipulation and analysis. Advanced ability to design, aggregate and analyze a wide variety of data points related to commercial lending using programming language and tools such as SAS or SQL, and summarize and present that information using reporting tools such as SAS Visual Analytics / Microsoft Business Intelligence or similar reporting software.
- · Intermediate knowledge of risk management concepts. Credit Risk focus is preferred, but candidates with exposure to other risk disciplines are also encouraged to apply.
- · Intermediate or advanced knowledge of lending, credit analysis and credit administration
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills.