As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will participate in the development and implementation of risk and opportunity management to facilitate the development and operation of space launch vehicles for various spaceflight systems. We are seeking an experienced individual with excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and analytics skills who can thrive in a fast paced environment. You will be responsible for the implementation and execution of the risk management process used by the New Glenn business unit. You will ensure the implementation is consistent with company policies, streamlined, and efficient. In this hands-on position, you will work to increase the speed and efficiency of the program by supporting the timely delivery, quality, and transparency of data to support program activity for risks, opportunities, and mitigations. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Develop and champion the New Glenn Program Risk Management strategy
- Implement a New Glenn Technical Risk Management plan
- Work directly with stakeholders to elicit risks and opportunities, mitigation strategies and burndown plans
- Manage New Glenn Risk Management databases
- Run the New Glenn Risk Review Board and process
- Train team members on the proper use of Risk Management processes, tools, and systems
- Provide and implement recommendations to improve current risk tracking tools and reporting methodology
- Establish product and process metrics that effectively measure and improve performance of risk processes.
- 5+ years of Systems Engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience working in the aerospace field
- Experience with world-class toolsets for risk, requirements, management
- Proven ability to develop and implement short-term and long-term strategies to realize results
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally with staff at all levels of the organization, external stakeholders, and customers
- Excellent technical writing and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- BA/BS in a related technical discipline
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- 3+ years of direct Risk Management experience
- 10+ years of Aerospace Systems Engineering experience
- Experience with Acumen Risk
- Experience with Primavera 6
- Experience with DOORS Next Generation
Experience with Confluence & JIRA