Description: The Company is seeking a Risk Manager to support the Corporate Risk Management function in the delivery and continuous improvement of best in class risk management insurance programs and services. This role will support the Director, Risk Management in the creation and the enhancements to the global risk management program/strategy including the design and placement of various insurance policies, self-insurance analysis, management of claims and loss control activities, actuarial reserve analysis, cost allocations, captive management, broker and insurer relations, contract reviews and managing day to day issues and inquiries relating to risk management and insurance programs worldwide.
This position will work closely with the Risk Management Team, Legal, Finance, Corporate Accounting, Business Development, Global Supply Management, Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) in support of Risk Management initiatives as described below.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferably in the field of Risk Management, Insurance, Finance. Master’s degree, ARM, CPCU certification preferred.
- 5-7 years of progressive Risk Management experience, either in a corporate environment or at an insurance brokerage firm or insurer.
- Must have strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills, highly motivated, and capable of frequent multi-tasking with changing priorities.
- Solid project management skills including the ability to effectively deploy resources and manage multiple projects of various diverse scope in a cross-functional environment.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and ownership to drive project to completion.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within teams and build partnerships.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft business applications including Word, Power Point, and Excel in particular. Intermediate/advanced Excel skills and ability to work with large volumes of transactional data.
- Manage insurance placement and renewal of the Foreign Casualty and Foreign Auto Liability programs.
- Assist the Director of Risk Management in insurance placement and renewal activities related to the global property, casualty, and executive risk programs. distributors (Mac Tools Program); including negotiation with broker and insurer, captive analysis, and communication to distributor group.
- Proactively identify trends, develop strategic plans, and implement risk reduction methods to mitigate future losses and present findings to executive management as necessary.
- Assist the Director, Risk Management in departmental budgeting, forecasting, and allocation of risk program expenses.
- Lead Risk Management participation in due diligence and integration for new acquisitions including implementation for all insurance policies as it relates to Risk Management.
- Lead Risk Management participation in disposition related activities.
- Provide quantitative and analytical support to model risk management programs across all lines of risk.
- Assist the Director, Risk Management in management and oversight of Company’s wholly owned captive, including analysis of premium collected and losses paid, reserve analysis, investment analysis, financial statement preparation and review, Corporate accounting impact, tax benefit, and new strategies to expand the use of the Captive.
- Assist the Director, Risk Management in the management and oversight of the property loss control program, including an internal evaluation of property conservation and business continuity as well as an evaluation of the insurer’s property conservation recommendations. Work with Company management on the implementation of property loss control initiatives.
- Lead property claims management, including coverage applicability, notification to insurer, loss site visits, and any other activities that facilitates payment of claim. Oversee the placement and allocation of property premium across Stanley businesses and the related accounting impact.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.