Developing and implementing methodologies to support our enterprise risk framework; providing strategic insights on key risks that impact Freddie Mac; working cross-divisionally at various levels throughout the company.
Driving a well managed risk management practice across Freddie Mac to promote transparency and understanding of our risks and to drive a consistent methodology for identifying, assessing, managing and reporting on our risks.
Developing and/or implementing elements of the risk framework and risk methodologies
- Supports the identification, measuring, assessing and monitoring of risks by:
- Supporting risk owners with the execution of risk assessments
- Developing analysis and reporting to identify and communicate risk insights
- Aggregating the risk assessments to provide an enterprise risk profile
- Supports the design and implementation of our scenario analysis program
- Develops and provides regular status reporting, including content for senior management and Board reporting
- The position will also serve as a liaison to various divisions to support Enterprise Risk Framework objectives and projects
Developing, issuing, implementing and providing training for risk policies and standards
- Coordinates risk policy and standard development, issuance, including relevant communications and training, and issuance of divisional procedures
- Reviews risk policies/standards to assess sufficiency and ongoing adherence
- Reviews risk committee charters, risk governance structure and divisional delegations of authority
- 8+ years of overall experience with 5+ years relatable risk management experience
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience; Advanced Degree in Finance, Risk Management, or Accounting is preferred
- Strong understanding of risk and corporate governance practices, and the functions of a three lines of defense risk management structure
- Knowledge of enterprise risk frameworks and risk policy development and implementation
- Ability to build and maintain productive relationships and influence at all levels of the enterprise
- Ability to interact both verbally and in writing with senior executives
- Ability to think strategically (short and long-term), evaluate options and make informed decisions
- Knowledge and experience with risk management, including risk framework/methodology development, risk identification, assessment, mitigation, monitoring, and reporting
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work within tight timeframes, shifting direction as needed
- Demonstrated writing and communication skills
- Professional Certification e.g. CPA, CISA, CRM, CRMP, etc. (Preferred)
- Knowledge of risk and control standards e.g. COSO, COBIT, etc. (Preferred)
- Financial services / Mortgage industry experience (Preferred)
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and expectations related to risk management (Preferred)
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Building positive relationships with our partners
- Strong communication skills
- Becoming a subject matter expert in risk management methodology
- Designing and executing new risk management programs
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.