The Risk Manager will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of insurance administration, claims handling, and accumulation of exposure data for workers’ compensation, employment liability, general liability, product liability, auto liability, auto physical damage.
The Risk Manager will assist on property, product recall and stock throughput/marine transit claims worldwide. The Risk Manager will assist Director of Risk Management in other areas of risk management including contract review.
- Prepare and analyze underwriting data and complete insurance renewal applications.
- Placement, renewal, and ongoing management of complex multinational insurance programs including Mexican beer operations with various insurance brokers and carriers.
- Analyze contracts for insurance and risk related provisions and provide recommendations and comments where appropriate.
- Ultimate oversight of all domestic and international General Liability, Auto, Workers’ Compensation, Aviation, and Employment Liability claims.
- Management of complex third party liabilityclaims including class action lawsuits, product recall claims, and environmental litigation.
- Prepare semi-annual report to upper level management identifying workers’ compensation trends and statistics.
- Analyze insurance policies including original policy documentation, endorsements, and amendments to insure all legal entities are properly covered. Identify and resolve any potential coverage issues.
- Provide assistance on M&A activity including due diligence, contract review, and integration of acquired operations into insurance programs, and support for divestitures.
- Track and document annual global insurance spend and prepare annual report.
- Review final annual insurance allocations and budgets.
- Review final insurance accrual analysis and accounting journal entries.
- Review annual insurance audit information and final audit adjustments from insurance companies.
- Review insurance billings, retro adjustments, letter of credit requirements and other billings for payment.
- Assist Director of Risk Management in educating operation management in proper risk assessment and insurance matters.
- Some travelrequired: 5-10% required.
Core Competencies to be Successful
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with co-workers, related internal functions, external partners and on project teams
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Solid straightforward, and professional oral and written skills, including presenting data and analysis clearly to management
- Strong analytical, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills required
- Leadership and management skills with a proven track record of delegating and directing staff
- BA/BS degree is required, legal background a plus
- Five to seven five years of progressively responsibleexperience in risk management
- Extensive experience in contract review
- Extensive knowledge of claims handling
- High proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Ability to travel commercially
ADA Physical/Mental/Workplace Requirements
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Sitting, working at desk/personal computer for extended periods of time
- Primary work environment is professional corporate office