Master's Degree Nursing, Risk Management or a related field. (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
7 years Related and progressive experience. (Required)
Extensive and advanced knowledge of hospital risk management processes, event reporting, event investigation and facilitation of safety related root cause analysis.
Accepting Adverse Event Reports & Performing RM Investigations
- Accept reports/reviews from all incoming incident reports and codes in SERS as needed.
- Investigate all incidents with the potential to result in serious harm.
- Assist providers in taking necessary risk mitigation actions after consultation with Director.
- Document findings in SERS.
- Communicate information throughout leadership as directed.
- Support Director in reporting to Board(s) of Directors and or outside agencies or other relevant constituents as needed.
- Conduct annual training at all assigned locations based on needs identified in risk assessment.
- Design programs and tools for web-based training as needed.
- Prepare appropriate educational/in-service material to support training efforts.
- Conduct additional ad-hoc risk training and education as requested.
- Conduct annual risk assessment at each assigned location.
- Conduct analysis of risk assessment data and preparation of reports in conjunction with Risk Data Manager.
- Review, respond to, and code all incident reports related to assigned care sites.
- Cover risk on call position as scheduled.
- Assist Risk Paralegal in management of litigation cases as requested.
- Coordinate with Ombudsman’s office related to customer relations issues identified during the course of investigations.
- Answer risk related calls from clinical staff.
- Provide assistance to clinical staff as needed on consent issues.
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
- Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
- Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
- Partner with all team members to achieve goals
- Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
- Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
- Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment