In this position you will be responsible for leading the design and placement of risk management along with regulatory compliance programs to mitigate company exposure and transfer appropriate levels of risk. Responsibilities include management of relationships with brokers, strategic oversight of claims adjudication for property claims, tracking and reporting on corporate performance against risk management, regulatory compliance, and analysis of trends to identify opportunities for program improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Insurance/Risk Management, Finance, Business Administration or a related field
- 15 years relevant industry experience with specific experience in the areas of: regulatory compliance, safety, commercial lines of property, casualty and workers’ compensation programs, claim management, risk financing, and management of self-funded and/or self-administered claims programs
- ARM, CRM and/or CPCU certification is a plus
- Proficient skill level in MS office
- Sharp negotiating and leadership skills
- Experience with requirements for matters related to OSHA, DOT and EPA desired
- Strong analytical ability and big picture recognition with the ability to prepare and present concise oral and written reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels, within and outside the organization.
- Design, negotiate, place and manage all aspects of property, workers’ compensation, auto liability, general liability, safety and executive lines of insurance
- Oversee all aspects of Food Safety, Employee Safety, Environmental compliance, and Insurance including but not limited to property, workers’ compensation, auto liability, general liability, safety and executive lines of insurance
- Track, identify and explain reasons for changes in developing loss history
- Develop and implement risk management programs and initiatives to manage exposures associated with associate safety, environmental, food safety and auto liability
- Provide counsel to business partners on insurance requirements in contracts as well as risks associated with new business processes, mergers and acquisitions
- Administer effective practices that serve to minimize enterprise risk exposure
- Oversee initial and ongoing safety training, which includes but not limited to coordinating with corporate safety function to ensure that safety programs target significant exposures
- Direct the management of the Risk Management & Safety Information Systems to ensure the credibility of data in order to develop benchmark analytics to measure the effectiveness of our claims management program and providers
- Manage an automated claimsreporting package for management that provides meaningful claim metrics to enable pro-active responses
- Direct the management of the Insurance Program Administration; Certificates of Insurance, Bonds, Automobile Identification Cards, and Risk related Contract Reviews
- Maintain all exposure data to include the tracking of all property values, fleet, sales, and environmental
- Work directly with upper Management to ensure that all new construction, expansions and improvements meet the guidelines of our property insurance carrier and engineering company
- Analyze actuarial data and provide direction and oversight of insurance portfolio expense.
- Manage the development process, and ensure the accuracy of, the insurance allocation process and incentive program for all locations
- Stay knowledgeable of regulatory developments and best practices in compliance control.
- File appropriate compliance reports with regulatory agencies
- Evaluate procedures to assure environmental monitoring programs accuracy
- Report violations of compliance or regulatory standards to authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate or required
- Review/modify policies or operating guidelines in compliance with environmental standards or regulations
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned
- Employee must be able to perform essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation