Consumer Payments (CP) is responsible for building the payments foundation used across Amazon’s Consumer organization and more broadly leveraged across all of Amazon. This includes building and operating the payment processing and services that enable Amazon to process payments and expose them to customers. It includes Payments Acceptance and Experience, which includes managing the payment methods we accept in most countries around the world, managing the payments supply chain needed for Amazon to accept payments, optimizing the paying customer experience, and driving down Amazon’s Cost of Payments (COP). It also includes responsibility for creating and operating a collection of Amazon-branded payment products and applications including Gift Cards (GC), Amazon Stored Value Account (ASV), Credit Products, Amazon Currency Converter (ACC), and Shop with Points (SWP). These products provide features and benefits that are valued by our customers and drive economic value to Amazon. Finally, it includes the Payments Services and Amazon Business Payments organizations. Our mission in Consumer Payments is to create trusted paying experiences and financial products that empower anyone to engage with Amazon from anywhere in any way.
As leaders in the payments industry, we are relentlessly focused on enabling access for customers by driving product innovation and the best possible customer experience. This role involves working with the Consumer Payments business and technology partners to identify opportunities to improve payments processes and the associated business controls with the objectives of mitigating risk and improving financial and operational performance. The Risk PM will engage with various stakeholders across the company, including other specialized fraud, risk, compliance, and legal functions. This position will assist in the development of new and innovative consumer products, evaluating internal and external payment risks, and defining the technology, infrastructure, resourcing, and processes required to effectively mitigate and minimize risks. The Risk PM will be responsible for identifying and promoting the processes and capabilities needed to detect and respond to process irregularities, as well as to prevent and mitigate fraud and abuse risks for payments. This position will inform the design, implementation, and performance of control policies required to support the Consumer Payments organization overall. In this capacity, you will gain valuable exposure to many areas within our payments businesses.
· Performing risk assessments and evaluating new products - including launches of new payment methods, features, and processes - to identify new risks and opportunities for the Consumer Payments organization.
· Advising on risk mitigation strategies and control mechanisms to prevent fraud, abuse, and other operational risks that negatively impact Amazon, our partners, and our customers.
· Performing periodic risk assessments of existing products and processes in the Consumer Payments organization to identify emerging risks, develop and support mitigation plans, manage compliance, and maintain a positive CX while driving profitability.
· Preparing and delivering business reviews to the management team regarding project progress and roadblocks. Developing and supporting tools that can be leveraged by CP product and business owners to identify and mitigate risks; promoting best practices for risk mitigation across the organization.
· Independently managing complex projects and working with senior leaders in CP and other support functions across the company.
· Supporting a risk and compliance plan that effectively protects Amazon and our customers.
· Developing, auditing, and analyzing risk metrics for each CP business.
· 7+ years of professional experience in Risk Management or otherinternal control functions (e.g. internal audit, compliance, fraud mitigation, etc.) in a financial services, payments, merchant/acquiring, audit/consulting, business software, retail or online services company.
· 5 + years experience in Enterprise, Strategic, Product or Operational Risk roles.
· Experience working with geographically distributed teams within a complex international organization
· Knowledge of the payment industry, regulatory compliance landscape, and of credit and debit payments systems
· Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form across functional groups within the company, with Clients, Customers and Vendors, as well as Senior Management.
· Ability to manage through influence
· Strong analytical skills
· Bachelor's degree
Job ID: 609006