The Risk Management Manager is responsible for the coordination of the clinical risk management program in hospital affiliate entities. Collects and analyzes variance data, assesses potentially dangerous and unsafe events, promotes quality assurance activities and educates staff and managers on good risk management principles and their value in reducing overall liability for the organization.
- Develops programs for risk recognition, investigation, and reduction
- Manages incident reporting system and ensures timely follow up and investigation
- Timely documentation and reporting
- Prepares accurate and comprehensive reports
- Manage one or more of the following in accordance with hospital policy: Product Recall, Auto, Property, Security, Emergency Preparedness
- Presents educational programs for hospital personnel in an effort to reduce liability in the organization
- Manages claims in accordance with system policies. Sets accurate reserves
- Reports all potentials and lawsuits to appropriate insurance carriers in timely manner
- Works with attorneys to prepare documents for litigation. Works with employees to prepare them for litigation
- Reviews patient complaints that may have potential for litigation and negotiates fair settlements if prudent
Minimum Requirements & Education
- 3 years risk management in health care
- Bachelors degree or graduate of an accredited RN program.