Job Description: The Remote Sensing (RS) Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team in El Segundo, CA has an immediate need for a Systems Engineer with experience in Department of Defense (DoD) space-based remote sensing systems. Candidate will provide SE&I support to the OPIR and EM Enterprise programs in support of Enterprise Risk Management for the Space and Missile Systems Center Remote Sensing Directorate (SMC/RS). Candidate will support effective identification, mitigation planning, documentation and management of risks for DoD remote sensing systems. Candidate should have experience with, space system risk management activities, system acquisition, and the systems engineering lifecycle for space and ground systems (especially at SMC).
- Identifying, assessing and defining/coordinating definition of mitigation plans for system risks
- Identifying, assessing and defining/coordinating definition of capture plans for system opportunities
- Documenting risks and opportunities within the Government compatible risk management tool
- Evaluating existing risk and opportunity management plans and supporting stakeholder accomplishment of planned activities
- Analyzing, proposing and managing proposed changes to existing risk and opportunity management process documents and training packages utilized by SMC/RS
- Evaluating risks and opportunities managed by SMC/RS programs and identifying any that should also be elevated for management at the System/Enterprise level
- Evaluating prime contractor risk and opportunity management efforts and ensuring the Government is properly represented and prepared to make program decisions associated with these risks and opportunities
- Analyzing new acquisition programs and projects and making recommendations regarding ways to manage the risk to facilitate future integration with existing systems under sustainment
- Analyzing new and existing acquisition programs to identify and manage cybersecurity and system protection risks
- Providing expert analysis to assess risk of ongoing and future changes involving SMC/RS systems and their interfaces with external systems.
- Supporting the development of acquisition-related briefings, plans, papers, and other documentation in support of SMC/RS decision making.
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other team contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Air Force.
Required Experience, Skills and Attributes:
- BS in Math, Science or Engineering.
- 9+ Years of experience with space system risk and opportunity management
- Strong understanding of fundamental space system risk/opportunity identification, mitigation/capture planning and overall risk and opportunity management process
- Highly motivated individual who is a self-starter and works well in a team environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with Air Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment, with space and/or ground systems (especially at SMC).
- Experience in developing space and ground system risk and opportunity management plans.
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings.
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams.
- Advanced degree in Math, Science or Engineering.
- Experience supporting Air Force acquisition efforts.
- Active TS/SCI required (Candidates without active clearance will not be considered)