- Develops solution to a variety of complex problems.
- Responsible for the development of risk management and loss prevention programs and develops methods for utilization throughout the company.
- Interprets and applies the organization’s policies and offers recommendations for changes in procedures.
- Plans, conducts and supervises assignments of support specialist.
- Reviews progress with management.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the company, its organizational structure and industry.
- Under minimal direction, performs difficult and complex duties requiring advanced techniques, an extensive and diversified knowledge of specialized areas of risk management.
- Utilizes independent decision-making and functions as an advanced technical specialist in risk management and insurance.
- Working closely with the legal department, provide guidance to project teams relative to risk management and adherence to company policies
- Working closely with the legal department, assist project teams with formulating and implementing risk mitigation strategies
- Serve as a liaison between project teams and various corporate departments such as legal, tax, insurance, and finance teams relative to project risk avoidance measures
- Act in an advisory capacity to project teams, making recommendations that may have an important bearing on the conduct of the organization's business
- Work with the legal department, management, and staff to resolve pre-litigation disputes and potential claims
- Assist with preparation of review packages for projects requiring risk committee review and approval
- Assist with training of staff in all aspects of compliance with company policies
- Provide support to multiple offices comprising the DCS Americas West Region
- BS/BA plus six (6) years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Demonstrated risk management experience with a major contractor, consultant or law firm in the areas of engineering and construction law
- A proactive mindset and excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience drafting and negotiating professional services and construction related agreements
- Well-developed communications skills; ability to clearly and concisely express risk issues and related analysis as it pertains to business and technical concerns to executive management, commercial and finance colleagues, technical colleagues and peers
- Self-driven & resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as in groups
- Flexibility to adjust and thrive in an environment with changing schedules and priorities
- Ability to generate ideas, make recommendations & come to consensus
- Excellent writing, presentation, and meeting facilitation skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- J.D. or M.B.A. from accredited program
- Engineering and/or constructionexperience
- Admission to bar in any state