Requisition #: 179549
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Dec. 20, 2018
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
At Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital located in St. Petersburg, FL, we offer first-class pediatric care, along with the best lifestyle anyone could imagine. In the heart of Tampa Bay our main campus and state-of-the-art facility is located in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida and just minutes from restaurants, beautiful beaches, sports arenas and a multitude of family activities.
We are committed to cultivating, nurturing and hiring the best talent for our organization and believe every person makes a difference in the lives of our patients and their families. As you’ll see, we take our work and our fun very seriously. We think you're going to love it here
This position administers and directs the All Children’s Health System Inc. Department ofRisk and Insurance. Establishes policy and direction for All Children's Health System, Inc and each of its subsidiary entities, and acts as the healthcare risk manager for Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, Inc.
- Supports and promotes the philosophy, mission, goals and objectives of Johns Hopkins All Children's Health System, Inc and its affiliated corporations as a member of the administrative team; administers and directs the programs and services of the Department of Risk & Insurance; establishes the mechanism and ensures execution of Enterprise-wide Risk Management (ERM) initiatives.
- Functions as the Designated Health Care Risk Manager for JHACH and for All Children's Health System, Inc., and its affiliated corporations; chairs various committees and work groups throughout theorganization to identify solutions and improve processes; activiely supports the following committees - Risk Management, Claims, AMI, Patient Safety and Quality, Board of Quality, Ethics, and Falls.
- Accountable as Director of Insurance for the organization as the claims administrator and works in conjunction with MCIC and defense counsel to set strategy for general liability and professional liability claims; oversees the Schedule of Insurance and Insurance agreement language, under the direction oflegal counsel
- Under the direction of counsel, performs adverse event investigation, including root cause analysis, disclosures, and reports as required by state and federal law, including AHCA and FDA Medical Device Reporting.
- Responsible for incident report processes and data trend analysis; works in conjunction with Regulatory and Quality Departments, validates data prior to utilizing for the dashboard or throughout theorganization and with the Armstrong Institiute and JHHS.
- Mainatins confidentiality of sensitive information, identifies protential privacy breaches, reports and works in conjunction with the Privacy Officer to improve processes; follows health system and departmental policies and procedures related to release of information and security of documents.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates service excellence and helps ensure a safe environment for patient care through attendance at, family/patient care meetings to assist in the resolution of identified concerns; helps to identify best practice for de-escalating interactions or events.
- Responsible for the coordination of activities and ensures continual compliance with regulatory standards (i.e. TJC, CMS, AHCA, etc.).
- Qualified health care risk manager. Experience in the state of Florida preferred
- Graduate from an accredited baccalaureate program
- 5 years of experience in managerial position in health care, quality improvement or risk management; clinical experience required, pediatric clinical experience preferred
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of personal computers in a Windows based enviornment
- Other qualifications to include insurance experience preferred and licensureknowledge or experience required
- __X__ Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of twenty-five (25) pounds without assistance.
- __X__ Category 2: Job classification is not exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties.
- Climate controlled office setting.
- Daily movement throughout any and all areas of the hospital campus including travel to its affiliates and satellites.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.