Billion $, expanding, international bank seeks dynamic, forward-thinking candidates to manage their Risk Management department in their Jersey City, NJ location.
Job functions will include:
- Manages the Bank's risk management structure and system, which has the flexibility to accurately respond to external environment changes.
- Develops, implements, and manages a risk management program, which includes, but is not limited to, creating and implementing policies and procedures to address and mitigate the credit, market, liquidity, and operational risks of the Bank, including IT Risk and BCP.
- Integrates the Parent Bank's risk management concepts and activities, which include risk identification, assessments, monitoring, control and mitigation into the bank-wide strategic planning, operations, planning and implementation of new projects, products and systems, etc.
- Works with all internal departments to implement and monitor bank-wide risk assessment methodologies and processes such as Risk Control Self –Assessments, IT Risk Assessments, etc.
Qualified candidates must have:
- A minimum of 10 years risk management experience in financial services, with a focus on operational risk, IT risk and BCP.
- Bachelor degree in Business or equivalent preferred.
- Excellent depth of exposure / understanding of risk management principles, framework, and best practices base on applicable banking industry requirements.
- Exhibits superior leadership, management, and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal/written)
- Demonstrated ability to interact with regulators, members of the Board of Directors, and internal senior management, and internal stakeholders.
- Substantive and diverse knowledge of securities- related legal, tax, regulatory compliance and accounting.