The Google Compliance team makes sure that our business is always consistent with the current financial regulations. Comprised of master jugglers, this team balances Google's legal and compliance requirements with the dynamic needs of our users and the values of our company. As part of this team, you proactively identify pain points and gaps in existing policy frameworks and find innovative solutions. You develop efficient compliance systems and work with teams to implement these across the organization. You are thorough in all you do and see to it that as Google pursues our next big idea, we always have our bases covered.
Risk and Compliance Advisors help to vet, launch and scale YouTube’s products and commercial arrangements globally by ensuring the proper financial systems, controls and processes are in place. This includes all of YouTube’s new and emerging products such as YouTube Red. You possess financial and accounting expertise, project management skills and the ability to influence across all levels of the YouTube business and product organizations.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financialprocesses, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Partner closely with Product, Engineering, Operations and Business Development teams to articulate and assess the Financial risks and returns of new business growth initiatives.
- Prioritize and implement necessary financialprocesses and controls to grow monetization and financialreporting infrastructure.
- Drive prioritization, alignment and implementation of YouTube led finance, accounting and risk mitigation initiatives across Google Finance.
- Find practical, scalable solutions for growing YouTube’s products and commercial initiatives faster and more safely.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of relevant work experience in the software and/or media industry.
- MBA degree, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working directly with Executive Management of a large international organization.
- Experience with large scale monetization, billing and accounting systems.
- Prior financial modeling, profit and loss management or analysis experience.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment, and to lead and drive complex initiatives.