Risk Governance and Control Analyst Senior
This position is responsible for a breath of work related to the identification, monitoring, and mitigation of risks. The Risk Analyst Senior manages a wide scope of projects including emerging risk process, ad-hoc risk reports, Statements of Risk Management, business continuity planning, quarterly risk reporting, and Third Party Risk Management. The Senior Analyst provides value-added insight to the business, regarding insurance business practices. This position supports risk analysis for changes in business practices, regulation, and innovation and contributes ideas to Munich Re's 2nd line of defense Integrated Risk Management function.
1. Complete effective risk management assessments, advice and strategy recommendations regarding a variety of risk items including mergers & acquisitions, surveys, strategic projects, initiatives, innovation and new products, analysis and preparation of qualitative and quantitative riskreports, and documented Statements of Risk Management informing executive decisions.
2. Serve as Risk Manager Delegate. Participate and or facilitate risk & governance committees such as Risk Management Committee, Emergency Management Group and Regional Emergency Management Group. Maintain committee charters & update based on changing risklandscape and best practices. Guide risk owners on development of risk focused presentation materials ensuring transparency of most critical risks. Develop summaries for Board reporting.
3. Manage decentralized resources in the annual Internal Control System (ICS) cycle for understanding the state of operational controls. Supportand effectively challenge the business in the development and completion of ICS assessments including risk identification and strong control design and monitoring for purposes of an accurate and complete inventory of controls and improvement plans.
4. Drive a culture of strong Third Party (vendors, business affiliates, outsourced functions) Risk Management.
5. Ensure Enterprise Rism Management (ERM) Framework and practices are implemented and maintained appropriately. Provide challenge, consultation and guidance to all operations.
6. Maintain a sustainable Emerging Risk Process to enable the comprehensive research, analysis and reporting of Emerging Risks impacting each entity with the objective of implementing strategies to mitigate adverse impacts. Partner with Innovation team in support of new product development.
7. Influence business continuity strategies, complete risk assessment, and conduct exercises related to emergency management and leveraging broad working knowledge of company operation.
Bachelor degree in relevant discipline such as Business, Finance, Accounting, Risk Management or equivalent work experience.
At least 10 years of Finance, Accounting, Audit or other business experience with emphasis on risk management preferably in Insurance/Reinsurance experience or with emphasis on risk management.
Suitable financial designation such as CPA, CIA, CPCU, FRM, etc. preferred.
Possess a good understanding of enterprise risks in the insurance/reinsurance business and related processes.
Experienced analytical skills and understanding of internal control and risk frameworks.
Strong proficiency with MS Office and "end-user" reporting tools.
Interaction with a variety of internal and external people in a professional with conflict resolution capabilities to foster mutually satisfactory resolution to risk gaps and issues.
Clearly and concisely communicate both verbally and in writing complex financial concepts using appropriate language and examples.
Excellent organizational skills; ability to establish priorities, multi-task, handle competing priorities and follow through on all open items/tasks.
Supervisory experience of employees including input into performance objectives, enhancing technical skills of staff, and providing regular performance feedback.
Proven experience in managing complex projects. Demonstrates the ability to define a problem or situation and logically diagnose the cause and identify a solution.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The work environment characteristics, and any physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.