We are seeking an experienced Risk Financial Services Data Project Lead.
Crowe Horwath (“Crowe”) is looking for an ambitious and motivated individual to join its Risk Consulting Financial Services practice to help make the world more honest, transparent, safe, and secure. This person will be responsible for providing data expertise while managing the technical and data components of implementing and/or validating Financial Crime Risk and other regulatory & compliance systems. Typical systems include Anti-Money Laundering (AML) transaction monitoring, Customer Due Diligence (CDD), Currency Transaction Reports (CTR), fraud detection and watch list screening systems. We are looking for a professional with in-depth experience in the data housed in banking and compliance source systems, to advise our clients on how best to transform that data into their compliance systems.
The individual will lead/manage a team of data design, implementation or validation analysts and provide subject matter expertise at large financial institutions. The ideal candidate would have a solid understanding of AML technology and demonstrated expertise and experience in the financial services industry. Projects are fast-paced and facilitated in a collaborative team atmosphere. This individual would be responsible for delivering consulting services including solution development, leadership, business development, and managing client service delivery, including a team of other professionals.
- Executing large AML advisory/consulting engagements at large and mid-sized financial services companies.
- Defining and developing technical and data requirements for AML systems.
- Aiding in the configuration of an AML system.
- Designing, planning for, and executing data workstreams as part of an AML system implementation.
- Leading a team of technical professionals to perform data validation as part of a larger model risk management team.
- Performing data analysis, data mapping and data validation in support of an AML system project.
- Maintaining a working knowledge (functional and operational) of the rules and regulations, including but not limited to BSA, USA PATRIOT Act and OFAC.
- Conducting/facilitating internal or client facing meetings/presentation.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 5-10 years minimum experience in leading data-related projects at retailbanking organizations and/or professional services or AML consulting.
- Experience working with multiple financial services data sources/data source systems and awareness of data management and data integration principles.
- Knowledge of banking deposit, loan, mortgage wire, ACH data.
- Experience with leading and managing a team of people.
- Expert team management skills – planning, status reporting, issues resolution, risk mitigation.
- Highly effective communication skills, as well as strong organizational, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong writing, analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to multi-task and complete projects on time.
- Team-oriented, with experience collaborating with diverse teams.
- Strong research skills and sound knowledge in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite and experience with on-line research systems.
- Willingness to travel 60% or more annually.
- Familiarity with banking compliance requirements, including laws applicable to anti-money laundering, including the BSA, USA PATRIOT Act and OFAC.
- Experience with leading AML based systems such as Actimize, Mantas, Norkom, FCRM or SAS.
- Ability to support a sales cycle by providing subject matter expertise, developing proposals, estimates and staffing plans.
- Experience working in a professional services or project-based environment managing the implementation of an AML System.
Req #: 14785_3