At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Curriculum Associates is seeking a highly qualified and detail-oriented individual to assist our growing organization with risk management and compliance. This person will have the opportunity to develop risk management and compliance programs with a cross-functional focus.
Why join this team:
This is an opportunity to join the highly respected Legal team at Curriculum Associates. You will be a part of a small, close-knit team that's known for their hard work and support of one another. Additionally, this position offers the opportunity to work with key players across our organization, particularly the Finance and People and Culture teams.
The impact you’ll have:
- Coordinates and leads a corporate-wide compliance and ethics program that is consistent with CA's mission, vision, and values
- Support the coordination and harmonization of all compliance programs across the company
- Conduct assessments to define and analyze possible risks and partner with key stakeholders to develop and implement standards, processes, programs, and best practices related to risk management
- Responsible for evaluating, managing, and maintaining all company insurance policies
- Review insurance language contained in bids, proposals, and customer contracts as part of our sales process
- Ensure timely and consistent interpretation, follow-through, and resolution of reported compliance concerns
- Drive accountability to ensure greater business transparency
- Handle approvals and exceptions required under company policies
- Coordinate customer-mandated compliance requirements and filings
- Monitor gift and hospitality procedures
- Drive improvements in compliance practices by working closely with the Legal, Finance and People and Culture teams
- Work cross-functionally to create and provide training for employees
- Effectively communicate new processes and company policies to internal teams
- Support the Finance team in preparing insurance budgets and forecasts
Who we are looking for someone who has:
- Proven experience as a Risk Manager—ideally at least 5 years of insurance and risk management experience
- The expert ability to understand and interpret associated insurance industry language and coverages as provided in insurance policies, endorsements, requests for proposals, and contracts of all kinds
- Strong attention to detail as well as excellent organizational and oral communication skills
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project environment while maintaining a good sense of humor
- A high level of commitment to organizational ethics, integrity, and compliance
- A Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent experience
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Professional Risk Manager (PRM) designation or equivalent
- Familiarity with compliance standards and regulations applicable to our organization
Location: The legal team is based out of our North Billerica, MA headquarters, although we are all working remotely due to COVID-19. Both Massachusetts-based and remote employees will be considered for this position.