8 - 10 years experience • Staffing & Recruiting
Our client is a global Investment Bank that is currently seeking a Risk Director to help implement and lead the Resolution & Recovery Plan (RRP). This candidate will be part of a team that is led by a senior director with a robust background across regulatory projects and systems. This RRP effort requires applying assumptions regarding business actions in a resolution scenario and generating estimated daily cash and capital needs. Key considerations include capturing relevant positions, as well as, considering knock-on effects due to trading activity. This project is to document such efforts and write a narrative around the process and results. All documentation and narratives will need to be syndicated to a large group of stakeholders for feedback and approval. Writing skills and previous experience working on sizeable regulatory projects with multiple stakeholders are key.
He/She will assist in the development of RLEN and RCEN models and methodologies, while currently underway, are nascent; therefore, contractor must be comfortable working in a changing environment. Additionally, there will be a need to interface with many different stakeholders working around tight deadlines within a large and complex organization. Prior working knowledge around liquidity and capital management, trading assets and derivatives, and regulatory requirements will be required in order to document RRP, RLEN, RCEN processes in a timely and cohesive manner. Finally, Knowledge around a number of different internal and external systems used for RRP purposes may require investigation.
- Draft narrative and results documentation related to RRP, and Resolution Liquidity Execution Need (RLEN) and Resolution Capital Execution Need (RCEN) financial modeling and forecasting
- Finalize narratives and results documentation per stakeholder feedback, review and challenge sessions, and approval processes
- 8+ years relevant experience
- Strong writing skills; knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- Familiarity with the concepts of capital & liquidity requirements; trading assets; derivatives
- Basic understanding of investment banking and capital markets businesses
- Motivated, sharp, and a team player
- Very strong writing skills, some regulatory reporting experience, and understanding of treasury & liquidity concepts
- Ability to learn in detail regulatory metrics (e.g., RWA, VaR, liquidity coverage ratio), business issues (wind-down assumptions, financial market utilities, margining requirements, contingent capital flows, intra-company frictions) and products (e.g., equities, prime brokerage, securitized products, corporate debt)