A client of Sharp Decisions Inc. is looking to bring on a Risk Data Platform Support Engineer to be based in New York, NY.
Primary responsibility will be the maintenance and support of a cutting-edge Data Lake platform (Dremio) and all engineering pieces build around it. Dremio is fast becoming a key piece of technology that underpins several major projects at Client.
- Day to day maintenance of multiple Dremio clusters in various environments
- Troubleshooting query and performance issues
- Help devise and architect new Dremio related solutions for new business use cases
- Upgrade and enable new features with each Dremio release
- Design Dremio deployment architecture for both on-prem and AWS clusters
- Work with vendor product engineers to collect post mortem evidence, provide root cause analysis for production issues and propose solutions.
- Be the subject matter expert for recommending best Dremio practices for architecture and implementation of Dremio related solutions for end users.
- Be the conduit between Client and vendor team to propose new features, raise bug fix requests and update teams on relevant features with new Dremio releases.
- BS/MS in CS or technical field
- 5+ years of relational DB fundamentals and operations
- Familiarity with Zookeeper, HDFS, MapR, YARN, Hive a huge plus.
- Java troubleshooting, jstacks, heap dumps etc.
- Authentication, authorization knowledge (LDAP, Kerberos, SSL/TLS, SSO etc) a plus.
- Knowledge on Linux, NFS, scripting, python, Java
- Highly motivated individual who enjoys working in a fast paced, dynamic environment