UFG can offer you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy, financially-stable company. While we’ve always known our commitment to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others recognize our dedicated efforts. UFG was named to the “2017 Top Workplaces” list by The Des Moines Register, and was also included on the Forbes’ America’s Most Trustworthy Financial Companies” list for 2015, 2016 and 2017. Additionally, UFG is a super-regional property and casualty insurer rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
UFG is looking for a Risk Control Product Specialist to play a critical role in developing resources to positively impact the services provided to our customers. This will include preparation of training materials, bulletins, white papers, on-demand training resources for websites and apps, training sessions and provide risk control support & services. The Risk Control Product Specialist will provide social media strategies to promote risk control services and campaigns.
- Provide excellent customer service. This individual will positively impact our award-winning customer service in a variety of ways including developing client use materials and deliverables for policyholders, agents, risk control reps, and underwriting. Also assist in the development of on-demand training programs and materials for policyholders and agents.
- Technical resource expert. The right candidate will provide risk control technical advice for policyholders, agency partners and internal departments. Other responsibilities include training sessions and group seminars to policyholders, agents and internal departments.
- Team player. Help build positive business relationships by working closely with risk control, underwriting and marketing personnel.
- Four year college degree
- Six to ten years of risk control experience
- Strong technical writing and communication skills
- The ability to write technical papers, write white papers, and create industry alerts
- Experience in analytics
- Strong Technical knowledge of OSHA, MSHA, NFPA, FMCR, ANSI, and ASTM standards.
- Knowledge in social media services and strategies
- High degree of organizational and planning skills
- Good understanding of workers compensation, general liability, product liability, auto, property, inland marine coverage’s and exposures and understanding of how to reduce/correct hazards
- Experience in making presentations to small and large groups
- Proficient using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel