The Risk Assurance Manager is responsible for the management of client engagements including System and Organization Controls (SOC) audits, IT General Controls support, HITRUST Cyber Security Framework, Cybersecurity Assessments, ISO Assessments, and Agreed Upon Procedures engagements. The Manager’s responsibilities extend beyond project management to more engagement in practice management activities, engaging in activities to enhance department or niche economics, developing individual expertise, enhancing overall client service and developing department or niche professional staff. Managers communicate with clients beyond the course of engagements and are expected to be more of an advisor and bring added-value to the relationship.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage the engagement and work flow of all client deliverables for multiple clients and engagements to minimize risk and surprises, optimize engagement economics, satisfy service objectives, and meet internal and external deadlines.
- Identify and resolve accounting and audit technical issues impacting the engagement.
- Leads the engagement planning process in terms of timing, risk assessment and readiness assessments.
- Determine and approve staffing and other resource needs, and related engagement work schedules.
- Review engagement work papers and related deliverables to ensure that Firm and professional standards are met.
- Delegate assignments to supervisors considering their skills, development needs, schedule and engagement economics.
- Continually build on technical expertise in accounting, relevant information technology standards, and audit methods by attending continuing professional education courses or utilizing other training resources.
- Conduct or review research of complex or new accounting and information security issues and prepare memorandums to support solutions.
- Coordinate and monitor the services provided by other departments and niches.
- Keep the Partner informed about client updates, engagement and budget to actual status, and technical issues.
- In the process of developing at least one area of industry expertise.
- Assist in developing fee quotes and budgets.
- Preparation of client billings and collection of outstanding accounts.
- Utilize assurance department methodologies, processes and tools to enhance assurance engagement efficiencies and overall client profitability.
- Develop into a trusted advisor by being the primary point of contact for client throughout the year to discuss updates in their business, needs and potential solutions, accounting related issues and potential solutions, in addition to engagement management matters.
- Knowledgeable about the services and capabilities of partners and other service lines, and seek to identify other services that will benefit the client.
- Oversee the preparation of presentations for audit exit meetings.
- Involvement in the early stages of practice development activities including developing a professional network or referral sources, assisting in proposals, or writing articles for publication and assisting partners in their practice development activities.
- Participate in activities to develop and improve firm and department business processes.
- Serve as an instructor in Firm and Department training programs and meetings.
- Develop less experienced Department professionals by providing formal performance feedback, career counseling and mentoring.
BUT WAIT... THERE'S MORE!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Information Technology, or a related field Master’s Degree is preferred.
- CISA certification desired.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in a public accounting firm.
- Assurance leadership, guidance or supervisory experience is required.
- Advanced understanding of accounting (GAAP) and assurance (GAAS) procedures and standards.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.