Risk Assurance - Internal Audit Manager
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 6
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in one of the following: Accounting, Finance/Economics, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and/or other business fields of study.
Certification(s) Preferred: CIA, CPA or CISA. Credential must be obtained prior to being promoted to Director.
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success
leading and directing risk management procedures; public accounting practices and procedures; and Internal Audit technology tools for planning, design, performance of testing, and reporting, emphasizing the following areas:
- Managing efforts related to, current hot topics for Chief Audit Executives, Internal Audit directors, Chief Compliance officers, Audit Committees and Risk Management personnel; and,
- Managing aspects of the Internal Audit process, control evaluation and testing methodologies, other Financial/Operational Internal Control methodologies and terminology (e.g. COSO); and,
- Directing company or firm-wide functions within, the following areas as it applies to the planning, executing and reporting financial, operational and compliance related audits/projects to facilitate complex financial, operational and compliance related engagements: Corporate Governance and Sarbanes Oxley Act regulations and requirements, including compliance readiness programs; Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); financial and operational fraud risk management; antifraud internal controls; IT general and process controls, including Data Privacy and IT security; anti-corruption and anti-bribery; and auditor Independence.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success leading and directing risk management procedures, public accounting practices and procedures, and Internal Audit technology tools for planning, design, performance of testing, and reporting, emphasizing the following areas:
- Leading teams to generate a strategic vision, establishing direction, motivating team members, creating an atmosphere of trust, leveraging diverse views, coaching staff, and encouraging candid, meaningful/timely feedback to promote improvement;
- Using available technical resources/tools to research and expand knowledge to enhance work product and create innovation;
- Contributing to business development efforts and remaining current on client and firm hot topics while sharing the knowledge amongst the team where applicable;
- Collaborating directly with clients, identifying and addressing client needs through building and maintaining networks of client relationships and community involvement;
- Effectively communicating the value propositions of a broad range of Firm services to the client and being recognized and respected by clients as a knowledgeable valued professional;
- Facilitating staff as they evaluate internal controls design; identifying key risks and controls, developing and/or reviewing audit programs, including evaluating benchmarks and performing controls optimization;
- Managing resource requirements, project economics, and anticipating issues;
- Demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks, and communicating potential conflicts to leadership;
- Directing the creation of high-quality client deliverables;
- Being involved in firm-wide strategies and initiatives; and,
- Demonstrating a proven record of management or individual contributor roles within a professional services firm or large enterprise as a consultant, auditor, business process, or internal controls specialist.