Risk Asset Review (RAR) is the company’s internal loan review function and is foundational to the credit risk management function at Wells Fargo. RAR independently evaluates the quality of lending practices in the businesses and shares its findings with the Chief Credit Officer and line of business management. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists senior management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
As a Credit Risk Analytic Consultant 3 with RAR, you will have the opportunity to perform a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Responsible for researching, compiling, analyzing, reporting, and recommending solutions for various credit risk data issues from multiple loan and securities sources, including unit production, indicative, productivity, and/or quality statistics.
- Responsible for researching and recommending solutions for new loan/securities data sources and/or data fields required for examination and monitoring purposes, and loaded into department databases. Based on data acquired create reports and analysis requested by management.
- Perform data support for upcoming examinations, verifying organization structures and portfolio commitments, creating data downloads, and verifying and uploading completed data to the department’s databases.
- Provide independent portfolio analysis that tracks trends and identifies areas exposed to undue credit risk. As requested by staff or management, assist with, or create various ad-hoc queries and reports.
- Perform various updates, validations, and reporting of examination related data items to department applications and file system.
- May assist and/or lead ongoing analytic, database, and application workflow improvement efforts; manage small projects, and/or small segments of larger projects.
- 7+ years of risk reporting experience, risk analytics experience, or a combination of both
- Knowledge and understanding of database querying and creating ad hoc reporting results using SQL or similar querying methods
- Knowledge and understanding of Tableau
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access) skills
- Commercial credit experience
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge and understanding of credit: analysis and reporting
- Advanced problem solving and technical troubleshooting capabilities
- A BS/BA degree or higher in business administration, economics, accounting, finance, or other business related field
Other Desired Qualifications
- Familiarity and experience with credit data using SQL, Teradata, and Oracle databases
- Comfort using large data sets and queries and applying them to analytical analysis