RISK AND BUSINESS ADVISORY
Risk and Assurance Services Manager
If you’re looking for a rewarding opportunity in a professional atmosphere with great energy, incredible talent, and exciting potential, then Baker Newman Noyes is the place for you. We are a regional firm with New England roots and a global reach, and we are looking to add a Manager to our growing Risk and Business Advisory (RBA) practice. This position is based in our Portland, ME office.
With over 250 employees throughout New England in Maine, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire, BNN provides expert accounting and tax services, healthcare consulting, and risk and business advisory services to a variety of clients with special focus on banking and financial services, healthcare, manufacturing and distribution, not-for-profit, public sector entities, privately held and family-owned businesses, and high net worth individuals. BNN is an independent member of Baker Tilly International.
Our RBA practice provides our clients with SOC examinations, SOX testing support, IT audits and related risk services. BNN is looking for an experienced Manager with strong technical and leadership skills to join an entrepreneurial and growing team to help us grow our practice!
- Manage all phases of attestation services including SSAE 18 examinations (SOC 1®, SOC 2®), SOX testing, IT audits, and other risk services engagements for companies in a variety of industries.
- Participate in firm administration and management, including practice development and staff management. This role will touch every aspect of examinations and risk engagements and provide consistent face time with client executives
- Manage multiple engagements to a successful and efficient completion
- Project-manage workload of multiple engagements and teams, and execute on various clients across multiple industries
- Identify ways to improve client service and provide meaningful advice and recommendations, particularly related to client controls and business processes
- Maintain relevant industry, business, information technology, and process knowledge expertise
- Participate in business development efforts by generating, pursuing, and assisting in closing proposal opportunities with existing and/or potential clients
- Frequent regional travel (approximately 50%) to client sites in Northern New England
Skills and Competencies:
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills, and excellent written and oral communication
- Adept at building internal and external relationships with a focus on client service
- Proficient in time management and prioritization of tasks, strategic thinking and planning
- Intellectual curiosity and willingness to acquire new knowledge
- At least 5 years of experience in providing risk and assurance services with a public accounting or professional services firm.
- Solid understanding of governance, information technology, and operational processes
- Master’s degreepreferred, business major
- CPApreferred and CISA or other relevant license or certification strongly preferred.