Wintrust Financial Corporation’s Risk Strategy and Analytics (RSA) team brings together traditional risk management and data driven analytics, and is a central part of the Wintrust Corporate Risk Management framework. The Risk Analyst reports directly to the SVP Chief Economist and will assist the SVP in the design, development, deployment and maintenance of data driven risk and economic analysis. The individual is required to keep abreast of current macroeconomic trends that may influence the selection of scenarios for the various risk management processes. The Risk Analyst is also responsible for supporting the firm’s risk metric, reporting, and analysis activities.
- Perform R&D on industry and proprietary data sets to extract existing and evolving relationships between macroeconomic drivers and portfolio performance. Develop analysis to explain historical performance and predict future performance under varying economic conditions.
- Support the identification, development and documentation of scenarios for stress testing and other risk management activities.
- Perform macroeconomic scenario related Quality Control (QC) activities. Ensure QC activities are properly documented in compliance with corporate and regulatory standards.
- Perform annual and periodic review of macroeconomic scenarios, scenario data, scenario processes and procedures. Ensure supporting documents meet internal policy and procedure requirements and regulatory standards.
- Support Corporate Risk Management’s annual and periodic risk metric, analysis, and reporting activities. Create and maintain standardized tools, templates and reports that would improve Risk Appetite reporting. Maintain the repository of risk metrics reported at various levels within the organization. Ensure the risk metric data lineage document is current. Accountable for risk metric reporting.
- Support regulatory examinations, internal audits and MRM validation of Risk Strategy and Analytics processes, macroeconomic scenario processes and component models.
- Keep pace with the latest developments in academia, regulatory environment, risk technology (vendor and in-house) and financial services industry.
Wintrust Financial Corporation (Wintrust) is a $43 billion financial services holding company headquartered in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago. We provide traditional community banking services, commercial banking, wealth management services, commercial insurance premium financing, life insurance premium financing, mortgage origination, short-term accounts receivable financing, and certain administrative services. The Company provides community-oriented, personal and commercial banking services to customers located in the greater Chicago, Illinois and southern Wisconsin metropolitan areas through its 15 wholly owned banking subsidiaries. The Company also provides a wide range of wealth management services operating under the name Wintrust Wealth Management. As a family of community banks with more than 180 locations across Chicagoland, we have a unique view of banking. We believe that community banking begins with our customers, offering accounts and services that they want and need. Where customers are known by name and made to feel welcome as soon as they come in the door.
- Masters or equivalent degree in economics, finance, engineering or other quantitative discipline. CFA, FRM, or MBA a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have capability to clearly communicate complex analyses. Presentations to both technical and non technical personnel will be required.
- Ability to work effectively in a high pressure, fast paced environment with multiple deadlines and competing priorities is required.
- 5-7 years experience in Enterprise Risk Management, Economic Analysis, Risk Strategy or Risk Analytics teams. Regulatory experience is a big plus (i.e. FRB, OCC, CFPB, FDIC).
- Must have the expertise and experience to define, drive and deliver innovative analytical techniques and data strategies to enable best in class risk management.
- Proven track record of establishing a proactive, constructive dialogue and partnering with professionals internally and externally.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications. Must have strong Excel skills and be proficient with pivot tables, reporting, VBA and macros. Experience with an analytical software is a plus.
- Excellent time management and detail oriented.