- Partners with key stakeholders in the business to identify, assess, aggregate and document risks and controls, including risks associated with new or modified products, services, distribution channels, regulations and third-party operations using advanced knowledge.
- Presents findings to various levels of leadership.
- Communicates results of risk assessments to governance committees, business process owners and various levels of leadership.
- Implements new risk policies, practices, appetites and solutions to ensure holistic understanding and management of risks according to industry best practice.
- Enhances and contributes to strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure, monitor, and report risks.
- Applies advanced knowledge to utilize or produce analytical material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Serves as a key contributor in cross-functional teams to identify, assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging risk events.
- Effectively contributes to projects that impact the organization.
- Serves as a key contributor on projects that may impact the enterprise or a core operating area.
- Formulates stress test plans for a line of business or the enterprise including the evaluation of results and framing of contingency plans in partnership with key business stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a related field required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of 6+ years of experience at a large financial institution executing an enterprise-wide operational risk management program that adheres to regulatory requirements and expectations;
- OR advanced degree/designation in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management and up to 4 years relevant risk management work experience and 2 or more years work experience in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management;
- OR a PhD in a quantitative discipline and 2 or more years relevant risk management work experience.
- Experience designing, implementing and monitoring enterprise risk programs that includes process and control excellence, issue management/oversight, operational losses, testing, and management of regulatory requirements
- Deep business acumen in the areas of operational risk and financial services
- In-depth knowledge of consumer financial areas that may include Fraud, Complaints, CFO, Payments, Human Resources, Legal, Strategy and Marketing
- Proven ability to effectively assess process, risk and controls, identify emerging risks and issues, analyze large bodies of risk data, and communicate results in a concise and comprehensive manner to multiple stakeholders across the organization
- Proven ability to communicate effectively across the 1st and 2nd Lines of Defense and build collaborative relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with business partners and teammates and influence change
Valid Through: 2019-11-12