Risk Analyst Senior
5 - 7 years experience • Accounting, Finance & Insurance
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Risk Analyst Senior for our San Antonio, TX, Phoenix, AZ or Remote facility.
Providesrisk managementsupport for a line of business or staff agency in keyrisk identification, measurement and aggregation, and the understanding and management ofrisk through appropriate practices and processes. Assesses and mitigates enterprise and business exposures through the identification of key and emergingrisks and evaluates alignment withrisk strategy and appetite. Monitors therisk and control environment to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels and may consult onrisk mitigation plans.
- Partners with key stakeholders in the business to identify, assess, aggregate and document risks and controls, including risks associated with new or modified products, services, distributionchannels, regulations and third party operations using advanced knowledge.
- Presents findings to various levels of leadership.
- Communicates results of risk assessments to governance committees, business process owners and various levels of leadership.
- Implements new risk policies, practices, appetites and solutions to ensure holistic understanding and management of risks according to industry best practice.
- Enhances and contributes to strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure, monitor, and reportrisks.
- Applies advanced knowledge to utilize or produce analytical material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Serves as a key contributor in cross-functional teams to identify, assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging riskevents.
- Effectively contributes to projects that impact the organization.
- Serves as a key contributor on projects that may impact the enterprise or a core operating area.
- Formulates stress test plans for a line of business or the enterprise including the evaluation of results, and framing of contingency plans in partnership with key business stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a related field required; OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years risk management experience or 6years operations experience in a relevant functional area to include banking, insurance, financial services, audit, project management, public accounting or other related operational area; Or advanced degree or designation in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management and up to 4years relevant risk management work experience; Or PhD in a quantitative discipline and 2 or more years relevant risk management work experience.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- MDS (Member Debt Solutions) Collections experience
- Internal controls testing experience
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Job Number: R0019616