Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking talented Risk Analyst Lead for our San Antonio, TX, Tampa, FL, Dallas, TX or Phoenix, AZ facility.
Providesrisk managementsupport for a line of business or staff agency in keyrisk identification, measurement and aggregation, and the understanding and management ofrisk through appropriate practices andprocesses. Assesses and mitigates enterprise and business exposures through the identification of key and emergingrisks and evaluates alignment withrisk strategy and appetite. Monitors therisk and control environment to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels and may consult onrisk mitigation plans. Leads and executes complex initiatives and cross functional teams within the Chief Risk Office and across the Enterprise that drive problem resolution. Leverages broad enterprise knowledge and/or expert knowledge of core business discipline(s), products andprocesses.
- Identifies and seeks key stakeholders across the enterprise to support the identification, assessment, aggregation and the overall management of risks and controls.
- Presents findings and recommendations to various levels of leadership.
- Routinely communicates results of risk assessments to governance committees, business process owners and various levels of leadership and influences decision making.
- Develops process and procedures for successful implementation of new risk policies, practices, appetites and solutions to ensure holistic understanding and management of risks according to industry best practice.
- Develops strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure, monitor, and reportrisks.
- Applies expert knowledge to utilize or produce analytical material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Leads, assembles and facilitates cross-functional teams to identify, assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging riskevents.
- Serves as the point of contact for senior risk leadership on projects and special management requests that often impact the enterprise or core operating area.
- Formulates and reviews stress test plans for a line of business or the enterprise.
- Evaluates results, and frames contingency plans in partnership with key business stakeholders.
- Crafts key communications to be delivered to executives and board members.
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a related field required. 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years of risk management or 8 years operations experience in a relevant functional area to include banking, insurance, financial services, audit, project management, public accounting or other related operational area Or advanced degree or designation in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management and 6 or more years relevant risk management work experience Or PhD in a quantitative discipline and up to 4 years relevant risk management work experience.
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be required.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience in creating reporting visualization using Tableau
- 2+ years of experience in riskreporting and MIS
- Leading cross-functional efforts across business lines
- Advanced knowledge and experience with risk management processes, techniques and tools
- Executive presence and ability to communicate, advise, and influence senior leadership
- Risk managementexperience in large financial institution
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 01/10/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Req. Number: R0027614