About Brookline Bancorp
Brookline Bancorp, Inc. is a multi-bank holding company for Brookline Bank, First Ipswich Bank, and Bank Rhode Island and their subsidiaries. Headquartered in Boston, MA, the Company has $7.32 billion in assets and branches throughout Massachusetts and Rhode Island. As a commercially-focused financial institution, the Company, through its banks, offers a wide range of commercial, business and retail banking services, including a full complement of cash management products, on-line banking services, consumer and residential loans and investment services designed to meet the financial needs of small-to mid-sized businesses and retail customers.
What is Brookline Bancorp's most valuable asset? Our employees! That's why we offer competitive pay and excellent benefits which includes a matching 401k. We pride ourselves on hiring candidates that embrace our Core Four values: adaptability, accountability, leadership, and teamwork. Brookline Bancorp provides a great working environment that offers opportunities for advancement.
We are currently seeking a Risk Analyst III to join the Credit Risk team in our Back Bay office. This individual contributor role combines hands-on ability and thought leadership focused on the development, configuration, and operation of Brookline Bancorp's credit risk management monitoring, analysis, and reporting programs. The role requires experience in commercial banking with demonstrated expertise in credit risk management principles, and practical knowledge of commercial lending.
The Risk Analyst III must be a solution driven, intellectually curious, self-starter, proficient in accomplishing concurrent and diverse objectives with minimal direction. This individual must possess expert analytical ability while consistently demonstrating a high degree flexibility, teamwork, and efficiency. The work products of this position are highly visible, and include production of reports and material for presentation to Executive Management and Board of Directors. Expertise in anticipating and communicating information in the most effective, useful, and appropriate form for the audience is required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Timely production of cyclical monitoring and reporting including: CRE Reviews, Construction Reports, Tenant Concentration Monitoring, Global Cash Flow.
• Preparation of periodic and ad hoc portfolio credit risk reporting (such as analysis of Credit Policy exceptions), utilizing query and report writing tools, and working with the Report Services group as appropriate, to generate both standardized and customized reports.
• Implementation and administration of holding company programs for ensuring control over changes to credit sensitive data, especially data fields impacting the Allowance for Loan and Lease Loss (ALLL).
• Analysis and reporting of loan portfolio credit quality trends, concentrations, characteristics, and risks.
• Other projects or assignments as necessary such as: implementation of new systems; development of additional credit risk management programs; portfolio stress tests; forecasting exercises; or representing Credit Risk Management in initiatives with other departments (Finance, Support Services, Commercial Lending, Compliance) or external constituents (auditors or service providers).
• Bachelor's degree
• 5-7 years of applicable experience
• Commercial Banking experience in one of the following required: Credit Risk Management, Credit Administration, Lending, Loan Review, Loan Operations, or applicable relevant experience in Support Services, or Internal Audit
• Ability to think both conceptually and concretely
• Advanced user of Microsoft Office Products including: Excel (VLOOKUPs, pivot tables, and formulas),Word, and PowerPoint
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience with project management and process design
• Attention to detail and quality are essential
• Knowledge of SQL or equivalent a plus
• Risk Management Associate (RMA), Credit Risk Certification (CRC), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Project Management Professional (PMP) or similar relevant certification(s) a plus
Valid Through: 2019-11-11