Risk Advisory Services Experienced Manager
Job Summary BDO’s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Risk Advisory Services Manager is responsible for managing and delivering high value solutions to clients in the areas of Internal Auditing and internal control, including business risk assessment, business process improvement, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, information technology audit control, financial and operational audit, business conduct and fraud/forensic investigations.
In this role, the Risk Advisory Services Manager is charged with managing a team of professionals through all stages of an internal audit or consulting engagement to include planning, field work, engagement wrap up and report composition, along with providing recommendations regarding client economic and legal risks. The Risk Advisory Services Manager will also be responsible for providing suggestions to improve the internal controls and accounting procedures of assigned clients, as well as managing certain aspects of engagement administration.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Business Intelligence, or other relevant field required
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree preferred
- More than eight (8) years of experience within a public accounting firm or Fortune 1000 company performing Risk Assessments, internal audits, Sarbanes-Oxley Readiness services, internal control assessments, management consulting as a Financial, Operational or In Information Technology Subject Matter Expert required
- Prior experience performing audits within a public accounting environment highly desired
- Prior experience performing audits of particular industries (manufacturing, retail, distribution, energy, etc), based upon the RAS practice’s need preferred
- Prior supervisory experience required
- Prior experience performing process reviews, systems reviews and reviews of application controls preferred
- Prior experience with internal controls including process control design, preparation of flowcharts control matrices, documentation and testing of controls, and identification and reporting of control “gaps”, required
- Prior experience conducting audit planning, developing audit programs, performing testing, preparing work papers, and drafting audit reports, required