About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast
We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial's ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.
Job Title: Rigging Project Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works closely with Client, other Project Management and supervision on a daily basis to prepare, plan, develop and oversee site projects, establish priorities and assign resources or capital.
- Provides estimating and cost analysis.
- Manages all activities associated with materials, budgeting, and production for assigned project(s).
- Uses extensive knowledge of project scheduling, bids, take offs, change orders, and contracts to properly identify and process scope changes, address issues, communicate regarding project milestones, etc.
- Continuously develops relationships and assists in winning projects.
- Plans and schedules resources to meet project demands.
- Must have minimum of 10 years’ experience moving equipment with knowledge of jacks, dollies, forklifts, gantries and understand rigging/equipment moving techniques.
- Ensures all equipment, tools, and employees assigned to project operate in accordance with SIC policy and government regulations, customer requirements, and SIC’s safety program.
- Manages, mentors, and develops teams.
- Provides updated reports of project statuses to Senior Management.
- Travels to jobsites on a regular basis to oversee projects.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in manufacturing, power, chemical and tire manufacturing markets managing projects with high complexity.
- Must have client relationships formed in the Triad area.
- Demonstrated success in team leadership, process adherence, ownership/commitment, learning agility and risk management capabilities.
- Strategic thinker who can establish and manage plans while building and fostering relationships.
- Knowledge of safety and relevant OSHA requirements and regulations.