As a leading research university with a distinctive commitment to undergraduateeducation, Rice University aspires to pathbreaking research, unsurpassed teaching, and contributions to the betterment of our world. It seeks to fulfill this mission by cultivating a diverse community of learning and discovery that produces leaders across the spectrum of human endeavor.
As part of a recently launched $150 million investment in research initiatives to advance this mission, Rice University is pleased to announce and invite applications for the Rice Academy Postdoctoral Fellows Program. With the 2018-2020 cohort, the Rice Academy will be open to all research fields and areas of study.
The two-year Rice Academy Postdoctoral Fellowships are open to exceptional scholars who have recently earned the doctoral degree in any area, including medicine, and who want to pursue research with faculty at Rice University. Applications are particularly welcome from those who are interested in interdisciplinary approaches to scholarship.
Individuals selected as Fellows will join the Rice University Academy of Fellows, a community of scholars that includes senior members of the Rice faculty. Additionally, the Rice Academy Postdoctoral Fellowship offers:
- a close mentored relationship with two specific faculty members;
- collaborative relationships with an academy of distinguished faculty fellows who have extraordinarily diverse interests and expertise relevant to scholarship on health, inequality, and data science;
- regular opportunities for intellectual exploration with a diverse group of other Rice Academy Postdoctoral Fellows;
- programmatic activities to promote professional development, including a focused plan to pursue the K99 award and other relevant early career awards;
- substantial campus-wide resources in expertise and instrumentation;
- a competitive salary, as well as benefits;
- appropriate resources to pursue research objectives.
The standard stipend for a Rice Academy Junior Fellow is $60,000. National standard stipends in a few research areas are above that level, and those departments may augment the stipend.
Academy Junior Fellows will also be provided with an office within your department, $5,000/year in a research fund, and access to university resources.
EducationRequiredPhD orother DoctoralDegreeConcentration /DegreeType
In any area, including medicine. Degree must have been earned between September 1, 2014 and August 31, 2018.
Experience Required No experience required.