Geisinger Health System seeks a Board-Certified/Board-Eligible Rheumatologist to join our department at Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center in Wilkes-Barre, PA. The ideal candidate will be a superb clinician who is patient-centric and dedicated to service and quality. The candidate is expected to bring additional value to the department, in areas such as specific disease expertise or experience in the area of quality improvement and population management. The department currently has 4 full time rheumatologists, specialty nursing services and full support staff. This is a 100% rheumatology position.
Rheumatology at Geisinger:
- Is nationally recognized for pioneering work in advanced access and quality improvement
- Is innovative and active in developing new models of rheumatic healthcare delivery
- Includes clinical research and teaching (rheumatology fellows and rotating medicine residents) as opportunities
- Includes an excellent osteoporosis practice that utilizes both fixed and Mobile DXA services
- Services a very large geography with a large patient base.
- Has full state of the art diagnostic and specialty services available to meet the needs of the most complicated patients within our system
Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center (GWV), located in Wilkes-Barre, Pa., is an acute care hospital that is licensed for 274 beds, and houses the only Level II Trauma center in Luzerne County. The campus includes the Frank M. and Dorothea Henry Cancer Center, The Richard and Marion Pearsall Heart Hospital, the Janet Weis Children’s Hospital Pediatric Unit, a transplant program and the Brain & Spine Tumor Institute. Geisinger South Wilkes-Barre is GWV’s ambulatory campus.
Job Id 42214