About Avery Dennison RBIS
Avery Dennison RBIS, a global leader in apparel and footwear industry solutions, is a $1.4 billion division of Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY). Avery Dennison RBIS provides intelligent creative and sustainable solutions that elevate brands and accelerate performance throughout the global retail supply chain. We elevate brands through graphic tickets, tags and labels, embellishments and packaging solutions that enhance consumer appeal. We accelerate performance through RFID enabled inventory and loss prevention solutions, price management, global compliance, and brand security solutions.
Based in Westborough, Massachusetts Avery Dennison RBIS responsibly serves the global marketplace with operations in 115 locations, 50 countries, across 6 continents. For more information, visit www.rbis.averydennison.com.
- Lead New Product and Process Development Projects:
- Research, develop, configure and optimize innovative and cost effective manufacturing methods for RFID from inception through validation.
- Work with equipment designers and manufacturers to develop a cost-effective and working production process.
- Coordinate with local operations team to qualify new products and processes.
- Establish robust processes with the product development team to ensure new products and processes are properly validated and documented.
- Work with PLM and Commercial teams to create project plans and schedules.
- Collaborate with cost analysts to develop and validate cost models.
- Work with Supply Chain and Scheduling teams to ensure materials and assets are scheduled.
- Identify key process parameters and create objective measurements to quantify and document the key process parameters to ensure manufacturing consistency.
- Conduct product testing and data analysis.
- Create manufacturing site validation processes. Documentation as well as arrange and execute and observe while participating in the manufacturing validation trials.
- Serve as the RFID platform team point person for all RFID Technical quality issues, coordinating other technical expertise as needed to identify quality gaps and resolution to quality issues.
- Transition best practices and SOPs to other RFID sites.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Product Development and Project Management
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Electrical Engineering (preferred) Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related considered.
- Autocad/drawing experiencepreferred.
- Experience with six sigma and lean manufacturing
- Working knowledge of printing and converting technologies
- Experience in RFID or semiconductor manufacturing preferred
- Proven leadership skills – able to influence and motivate others.
- High Energy, passion for excellence, bias for action.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively present complex topics in a concise manner.
- Effective interpersonal skills dealing with people at various levels and in a variety of functions.
- Fluent in English also preferred Spanish or Mandarin.
- Global travel will be required, up to 50%.