What you will do:
In this role you will be a key member of a team responsible for the implementation of SPS retail solutions into the store fronts and enterprise environments of the world’s largest retailers. SPS solutions are comprised of RFID based inventory visibility solutions, people counting traffic intelligence solutions, EAS based loss prevention solutions, and IP Camera/NVR solutions. This is an opportunity to join a small team designing and implementing cutting edge Internet of Things (IoT) programs.
How you will do it:
On site, customer facing activities in support of our programs:
- Driving team objectives during Site Surveys
- Visiting customer sites to observeprocesses
- Supporting customers during project go-live
- Training of customer help desk and related support teams
Design, implementation and ownership of solution test plans:
- Software staging
- Hardware staging
- New business processes
- Evaluating and developing RFID only and Combined Technology solutions
- Benchmarking Tyco hardware and software solutions against the competition
- Producing new, customer driven test environments to validate proposed solutions.
- Integrating new technologies with existing systems using a range of communication protocols
Development and improvement of implementation documentation:
- Site survey process guides and documentation
- Implementation process and project plantemplates
- Training curriculum and supporting materials
- Support of our customers throughout the project life cycle – presales, go-live and operational
What we look for:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both in groups and one-on-one interaction for effective presentations.
- Solid understanding of a major RDBMS and basic SQL queries.
- Background in or exposure to a current programming or scriptinglanguage (Java, .Net, C/C++, Python, etc.)
- Understanding of computer and device networking fundamentals
- Experience producing professional quality presentations, documentation and other written collateral using Microsoft Office products: Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Excel.
Working knowledge of the following are preferred, but not required:
- Web Services (SOAP/REST) and XML
- IT Security management (ex: SSL, LDAP)
- MDM – Mobile Device Management Systems
- PowerShell, Power BI
- Managing Cloud Computing environments (Azure, AWS, iLand)
- MQTT / LLRP Protocols
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Business with a concentration in Information Systems, from an accredited 4-year college or university. (Preferred)
Ability to travel as required (25% - 50%).