This position is located within Qualcomm'sRF Front-End (RFFE) Engineering Department. The position offers the opportunity to characterize, validate and verify the performance ofRF Front-End Modules to ensure design success. The Characterization Design Engineer is alsoresponsible for analyzing the performance of the product under development and provide design feedback to the team. The responsibility also extends to innovatingRF/Analog Characterization techniques for complex products. Qualcomm solutions include highly customized LNAs, PAs, FEMs, antenna tuner and multi-throwswitches in standalone and module packages for 4G and 5G wireless cell phone and ultra-mobile devices. TheRF Characterization Design Engineer will deliver Front-End Module designs in a fast-paced team environment and isrequired towork closely withRF IC design engineers to optimize a design by extensive data collecting, analyzing the data and co-designing the product based onRFsystem knowledge. Responsibilities:
- Design and develop engineering evaluation test boards for RFFE products.
- Develop Characterization Test Plans to report the performance of RFFE products in a highly automated RF test set-up.
- Work with LNA test setup such as PNAX, PXA, network analyzers, noise figure measurement, sophisticated system tools such ET/DPD, system alignment, transceiver optimization as well as antenna tuners to optimize the performance.
- Characterization Report includes all the parametric data from RFFE such as Rx path NF, noise circles, IP2/IM2, IP3/IM3, Gain modes, S-parameters of Rx path components, as well as Tx path PAE, Gain, ACLR, power sweep, Rx Band Noise, Spectrum Emission Mask, s-par, x-par, Load-pull, Out-of-band rejection, frequency sweep, etc.
- Collect and evaluate data to verify performance over temperature, voltage, and process corners.
- Summarize and create performance reports.
- Select, implement, and maintain test equipment necessary for RFFE product characterization.
- Work with IC design team to maintain, optimize, and release chip setting for overall optimized product performances.
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company. Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 2+ years ASIC design, verification, or related work experience.
3years of professionalexperiencewith the following skills:
- Test capacity for RF products
- RFcircuitry and mixed signal integrated circuits
- PCB design/debug skills
- Lab equipment, including: Spectrum analyzers, Network analyzers, digitizing oscilloscopes, signal generators, DMMs, and programmable power supplies.
- Data analysis tools
- Perl or Labview
- Wireless communications experience
Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, or related field required, Master's preferred.