Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
- In order to drive our next phase of growth in cellular using 4G/5G technologies, we are expanding the Bench Test Development team focused on RF Front End (RFFE) devices. This team is responsible for developing QUALCOMMs leading edge RFFE products including Power Amplifiers, LNAs, Switch/Tuners, etc. in the most advanced processes. In this role you will own the below responsibilities:Automated Test solutions development for RFFE products
- Design & Debug of Test interface Hardware & Software
- Hardware & Software Integration
- Test solution development (Hardware/Software) for Bench/ATE platforms.
- System Performance correlation.
- Statistical data analysis.
- The individual selected for the position needs to be proactive, able to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment, enthusiastic to work at times as an individual contributor and be passionate about delivering quality work.
The ideal candidate would have 5+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Experience in RF test methodology development and implementation using LabVIEW, .NET or C#.
- Good understanding of electronics engineering fundamentals, RF circuits and RF performance metrics (NF, Sensitivity, Intermodulation, Tx Power, ACLR, EVM, S-parameters)
- Basic understanding of RF measurement methodology, Bench Test solution architecture, RF component evaluation and Device characterization
- Hands-on knowledge of RF instrument operation: Signal Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, Power meters, Network Analyzers etc.
- Experience in analyzing RF Transceiver/RF Front-End device datasheets, creating test plans and test execution
- Handler, PCB, RF module (SW/ TRX components) & socket design development and operation experiences in a production environment.
- Programming (.NET, C#, Python scripting, LabVIEW) and debugging skills
- Experience working with Perforce, GIT, or other Source Control SW
- Experience with RFFE product specifications, PA/LNA development required.
• Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile.
• Frequently transports and installs equipment up to 5 lbs.
• Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting).
• Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
• Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
Bachelors - Computer Science, Bachelors - Engineering, Bachelors - Information Systems
5+ years Hardware Engineering experience or related work experience.
Masters - Computer Science, Masters - Engineering, Masters - Information Systems