Harris Corporation is seeking a self-motivated RF electrical engineer to join our embedded systems development team to deliver mission critical solutions for a variety of customers at our Columbia, MD location. This position will focus primarily on the development of custom antennas but design skills in other areas such as analog/RFcircuitry and power supplies is a plus. This role will include significant interaction with internal management and external customers to develop new technologies and grow the business.
- Perform custom antenna design work involving embedded systems.
- Work closely with otherRF and mechanical engineers to meet very challenging antenna packaging and performance requirements.
- Perform RF/analogcircuit design in support of antenna systems.
- Develop methods for modifying systems to include new capabilities.
- Perform schematic capture work in support of PCB designs.
- Mentor junior engineers to improve technical capabilities.
- Assist in providing direction for future product development efforts.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in antenna design. (Preferably with smaller embedded antennas.)
- Antenna simulation experience using HFSS or CST.
- Experience with antenna matching networks using ADS.
- Experience in testing antennas in an anechoic chamber and/or mode-stirred chamber.
- Experience with lab test equipment such as network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, signal generators.
- Experience with RF circuit design is desired but not required.
- Experience with analog, RF, and power supply design is considered a plus.
- Minimum overall experience of 10 years (8years with Master’s degree.)
- Bachelor of Science degree (or higher) in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or related field.
- Must have at least a Secret Level security clearance.
- Must meet stringent customer driven security screening requirements.