The successful candidate will be a member of the engineering team charged with managing and implementing RF projects at Presto Engineering in San Jose, CA. The person will directly report to the VP of Engineering Services.
Specific responsibilities will include developing, qualifying test programs and hardware for wafer level as well as packaged devices in the frequency range from 20 to 100GHz.
- Define, develop and sustain RF testing of high frequency (SiGe, GaAs, InP, GaN - 20GHz to 100GHz) designs, from first-wafer bring-up to production testing.
- Design and implement in-house rack and stack test systems, debug and resolve issues, and manage the full development process to ensure compliance with customers’ test specifications.
- Design and develop various RF hardware: load boards, probe cards, wedges, membranes and custom equipment as necessary.
- Assume complete engineering ownership of RF/DC test systems
- Streamline data gathering, storage and access - to minimize effort required to generate customer reports. Work with customer’s product engineering staff on test strategies that minimize wafer probe requirements while maintaining product integrity to specification.
- Select commercial test equipment to meet technical customer requirements while minimizing cost of test.
- Work with vendors, technology suppliers and cross-functional staff to optimize RF hardware and test equipment.
- Transfer developed solution to production and support production test activities.
- Minimum BS in Electrical Engineering. MS preferred.
- Proven track record (5+ years) in bench level (rack and stack) RF test development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of LabView, CVI/Test Stand, and test equipment control through GPIB.
- Demonstrated ability in debugging SPI and I2C interfaces.
- Familiarity with test development of Gain, RSSI, THD, Isolation and absolute power measurements, etc.
- Hands-on experience with RF test equipment: Network Analyzers viz., PNA series, PXI, Signal Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, Power Meters, Oscilloscopes, Pulse Generators, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to design and debug RF bench level test setups. Must be familiar with common RF components and their suppliers.
- Ability to design from the ground up simple ancillary circuits such as multiplexing circuits and build small custom PCB’s, is a definite plus
- Strong communications skills and ability to manage customers’ interaction at engineering level is a must.
- Familiarity with yield management tools, e.g. Galaxy, Data Power
- Good excel capabilities and familiarity with excel scripts.
ABOUT PRESTO ENGINEERING
Presto Engineering provides comprehensive semiconductor product engineering and production solutions to IDM, fabless and electronics companies, contributing to improving ramp time, margins and quality of new products.
We are recognized experts in the development of test solutions, for component characterization and production. This expertise, combined with state of the art ESD, reliability and failure analysis capabilities, produces a competitive advantage for our customers in optimizing end-product performance, including accelerating time to market. We offer turn-key solutions from customer tape-out to delivery of finished goods to end-customer(s), including assembly, test, qualification, industrialization, and production sustaining activities.
Presto Engineering is headquartered in San Jose, California and has operations in Europe and Israel. Additional information is available on the company’s website at www.presto-eng.com.