The RF Technology Specialist Engineer is responsible for promoting RF technology to targeted customer base, providing application support from design concept through production. Must have RF design experience and must be able to provide design recommendations to ensure customer success. This person will need excellent customer interpersonal communication skills and must be able to leverage technical knowledge/relationships to gain a competitive advantage.
What can Cree do for you?
- Opportunity to have direct impact on business, and lead company direction to achieve success/maximize results.
- Ability to work with leading edge technology enabling customer to develop new products.
- Competitive salary with uncapped earning potential.
- A collaborative, fast-paced work environment.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Work with sales account manager to aggressively win designs and grow revenue.
- Qualify opportunities and determine if there is a fit for GaN RF devices.
- Pre-sales support to convince customer of GaN system benefits and selling GaN-on-SiC’s value.
- Provide post-sales support with Quality support and design optimization as needed at customer site.
- Support the customer through the design cycle from sample, prototype, pilot, pre-production, to production using your RF design system knowledge.
- Use your technical knowledge to support field requests with minimal factory support.
- Manage and train distribution FAEs as well as support our direct FAE team.
- Communicate effectively with factory for technical requests.
- Provide customer feedback and application trends to Product Marketing for new product development.
What you need for success:
- BSEE or similar with a minimum of 5 yrs. RFcircuit design/measurement experience.
- 3 years FAE experience or related customer facing RF applications support.
- 3 years compound semiconductor hybrid or MMIC high power amplifier experience
- A strong background in RF and Microwave measurements and familiarity with common software design tools (ADS and AWR)
- Hands-on experience with board level tuning and optimization of amplifier matching networks
- Ability to communicate with customer application engineers with a working knowledge of RF radar, EW and comms subsystems and modules.
- Experience in failure debugging
- Ability to travel frequently to customers to give onsite support (up to 50%)
- Fluent communication skills in English
- Must be a US citizen
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- M.Sc. Electrical Engineering with 8 years RFcircuit design/measurement experience with LDMOS, GaAs, or GaN
- 5 years applications and/or field applications (FAE) experience.
- Experienced user of microwave test equipment such as modern spectrum analyzers, vector network analyzer, signal generators, power meters