We are currently seeking a Senior Specialist, Systems Engineer with electrical engineering experience in RF Communications systems. This individual will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge and world-class Space Avionics systems. Sample products include, Mars Rover, Space Launch System Vehicle, and Imaging satellite communications equipment.
The Systems Engineer performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total RF communication systems. Analyses are performed at all levels to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total RF systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications. Recent experience with modulators, amplifiers, oscillators, filters, high frequency packaging and RF test equipment is required.
- RESPONSIBILITES Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation activities in support of programs and RF development efforts.
- Ensure the logical and systemic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements, and allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Perform Cost, Risk, and Supportability and Effectiveness analyses for total RF communication systems (concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance & disposal).
- Work in a highly dynamic integration lab.
- Support and/or lead technical proposals, including decomposition of customer requirements into a system architecture/design, technical writing, technical risk management, cost estimating, etc. Lead technology development and support business development.
- Required Competencies/Skills: BSEE in Electrical or Electronics Engineering with 5+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer
- Solid proficiencies in microwave circuit and system design and analysis tools, hands-on results are necessary
- Prior experience with design, analysis, and test of RF circuits
- Recent experience with modulators, amplifiers, oscillators, filters, high frequency packaging and RF test equipment
- A background in systems engineering and high-reliability environments is required
- Excellent verbal communication, writing and organizational skills
- Complex Problem Solving — Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate solution.
- Systems Analysis — Determine how an RF system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes particularly in terms of spectral performance and data error rate performance.
- Systems Evaluation — Identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance relative to the goals of the system.
- System modeling and simulation capabilities utilizing MatLab/ Simulink and ModelSim/Questa tools are preferred
- Experience with microwave designs for high-bandwidth upconverters, mixers, drivers, and power amplifiers at S-, X-, and/or Ku-band ranges.
- Experience with creating technical documentation to support proposals, and experience with creating and conducting customer presentations
- Experience with frequency planning, link budgets, design for phase-based modulation formats, and design for wide-bandwidth/high data rate applications.
- Knowledge of military and/or NASA component specifications, design processes, and hardware test/verification procedures.
Base Salary - $99,000 to $180,000
7+ to 10 years experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally